According to Landon West, our stalwart Help Desk man-about-town, Chrome is the most-used browser at Denton ISD, so teachers should know this and get more familiar with incorporating this browser into their classrooms. Computer labs are a good place to start with this, but once students get used to these tools they can begin adding these tools to their Android phones and home computers.
Here's the list:
- Grammerly for Chrome - check spelling & grammar in emails & social media
- WordCounter - count words, improve grammar, detect plagiarism
- EasyBib Toolbar - cite websites for research papers with one click
- Cliché Finder - identifies writing clichés for students
- Hemingway Editor - promotes clean, clear writing
- MindMup 2.0 - mind-mapping graphic organizer
- Calmly Writer - completely blank screen for distraction-free writing
- Writewell Online - library of writing templates
Click here to read the TCEA blog entry by Lori Gracey.